This past week, we passed a resolution supporting the Indigenous Peoples' Day Coalition and discussed the significance of honoring Indigenous peoples in our EEC work.
We also talked about action plans for Earth Day, how to keep our food waste in our food system, and more! See highlights and summary for the full recap.
We hope you will join us for our Housing Town Hall on Tuesday March 30th and our next coalition meeting on Wednesday April 14th.
VIEW THE MEETING SUMMARY HERE
- Voted to support Indigenous Peoples Day in Cook County, and sent out a letter of support following our meeting. Check out the letter of support here.
- Had a successful Litter Free Edgewater day.
- Burton is looking for individuals to help with resource building, writing how-to guides, and writing about environmental topics for the new website. If you are interested in helping research or write reach out to him!
- Discussed efforts to open the lakefront and beaches.
- Extra Containers?
Save your large yogurt, sour cream, etc. containers and let a Chicago farm reuse them! Chicago Lights Urban Farm will be reusing as many 24oz or larger containers as we can provide. The farm will grow and sell plants in them for a summer sale. The farm requests all containers by April 16th.
Each container we collect is one less pot the farm must purchase and one less piece of waste immediately entering the landfill .
Contactless container pickup can be coordinated OR drop-off @ 5615 N Glenwood Ave #2. To coordinate pickup/delivery or ask questions, contact Jonathan: email@example.com or (225) 288-2772.
- Flooding Issues?
Submit your site or spot with flooding issues in Edgewater using this survey form.
This information will be used by EEC to advocate on water and flooding issues in the neighborhood and prioritize areas for tree and native plantings.
- Plastics Launch Pad
A hyper-document where you can find all the information about the EEC Plastics Initiative and follow an action plan to support it. Check the launch pad out here.
Save the Date
- Recurring Town Halls: Tuesday evenings - 3/30: Water + 4/27: Transportation
- 3/27: Earth Hour, Saturday, March 27, 8:30 to 9:30pm
- 4/14: Next Wednesday monthly meeting, 9am
- 4/17 & 4/24: Earth Day Neighborhood Clean Ups
- 4/22: Earth Day
- 4/30: Arbor Day
- 5/2 10:30–12:30p - Recurring 6/13, 7/25, 8/29, 10/10, 11/21 - Hollywood Beach Stewardship
- West Ridge Stewardship: Workdays third Sat. 10 AM; Bird Walks 8 AM: Mar. 27th & April 10th (for each the rain date is the following day); Nature Walk on April 18th, 10 AM.
- May 12th: First Andersonville Farmers Market
In Case You Missed It
- Waste Town Hall
View post meeting materials and recap here.