Happy Earth Day! Check out the info bellow and join us for our Earth Day actions tomorrow and throughout this next week.
This past week, we passed a resolution supporting the Chicago Inclusive Housing Ordinance. We sent a message to Alderman Osterman, the Chair of the Housing Committee, and asked for his support of Affordable Requirements Ordinance reform. See highlights and summary for the full recap.
We hope you will join us for our Transportation Town Hall on Tuesday April 27th and our next coalition meeting on Wednesday May 12th.
VIEW THE MEETING SUMMARY HERE
In cased you missed it, check out the meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/gsUsuVtHAP7LImipO0xs9PPWThs9oKID7bgIAEZzUvAgFYJJkk2M6_Bh4l_yz0Ik.1Hl24eNbXRYb1p_J Passcode: 0P%lS@xE
- Voted to support Chicago Inclusive Housing Ordinance, and sent out a letter of support following our meeting. Check out the letter of support here.
- Discussed Earth Day events including Beach Stewardship, Clean and Greens, and our Social Media action.
- Burton is looking for individuals to help with resource building, writing how-to guides, and writing about environmental topics for the new website. If you are interested in helping research or write reach out to him!
- The Peterson Garden Project's Vedegwater community garden is reopening this year! Thanks to everyone that met with other community leaders to make this happen.
Please join us for a series of Town Hall discussions with community experts and innovators to explore Chicago's most pressing issues to create a sustainable future.
The fourth and final Town Hall is on April 27th at 7:00pm on zoom on the topic of Transportation.
Click on this link to register and get more information!
To join use: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82125674211?pwd=MXhBc3NobXJ6U2RZSUhaNjhXRzhHUT09 Meeting ID: 821 2567 4211 / Passcode: 612083
Go green by sharing extra grocery bags and egg cartons with Care for Real. Care for Real is our neighborhood food pantry. They could use strong plastic or reusable grocery bags to help their clients who need another bag to bring their items home. They also need empty egg cartons to repack eggs that may have broken in the egg carton they've received them in. These donations can be brought to the back door at 5339 N Sheridan between 12pm-3pm Monday through Saturday. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Indigenous Peoples' Day Coalition - Illinois
Follow along & learn more.
Edgewater History Museum Reopened
Illinois Food Scrap Coalition's International Compost Awareness Week Lunch & Learn Series 2021 5/3-5/7
Find out more & register Here
UIC Earth Month Activities
One Earth Film Festival Earth Week Showings
All here: www.oneearthfilmfest.org/earth-day
Save the Dates
- 4/22: Earth Day
- 4/24 Neighborhood & Vedgewater Clean Up
- 4/30: Arbor Day
- Recurring Town Halls: 4/27: Transportation
- 5/12: Next Wednesday Monthly Meeting, 9:00am
- 5/2 10:30–12:30p - Recurring 6/13, 7/25, 8/29, 10/10, 11/21 - Hollywood Beach Stewardship
- West Ridge Stewardship: Workdays third Sat. 10 AM. Nature Walk on April 18th, 10 AM.
- May 12th: First Andersonville Farmers Market
In Case You Missed It
Water, Waste & Housing Town Halls
View post-meeting recap and materials here.
Litter Free Edgewater Signup
Sign up for our Litter Free Edgewater campaign, which was started in honor of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, here.
Submit your site or spot with flooding issues in Edgewater using this survey form.This information will be used by EEC to advocate on water and flooding issues in the neighborhood and prioritize areas for tree and native plantings.
Plastics Initiative Launchpad
A hyper-document where you can find all the information about the EEC Plastics Initiative and follow an action plan to support it. Check the launch pad out here.